ISO Certification in India
International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is an International Non-governmental Organization make up of national standards bodies. The Organization promotes worldwide Proprietary industrial and commercial standards. The ISO works in 164 Countries. ISO is one way that provides standards to organizations and lead a way to innovation and development of trade.
- It is an Organization to verify the quality of a product during its development of the product.
- ISO implicitly uses TQM technology to provide a certificate for our organization based on the quality of the product.
ISO has three membership categories:
- Member Bodies: ISO has 121 standard bodies for each country. Member bodies influence ISO standards development and strategy by participating and voting in ISO technical and policy meetings.
- Correspondents: there are 39 Correspondents members. They observe the development of ISO standards and strategy by attending ISO technical and policy meetings as observers.
- Subscribers: ISO has 4 Subscriber members. They Keep up to date on ISO’s work but cannot participate in it.
There are more than 20 thousand standards have been set by the ISO covering everything from manufacturing products and technology to food safety, agriculture, and Healthcare.
Types of ISO Certification in India
- ISO 9001- World’s Best-Known Quality Management System. This standard is for businesses and organizations that want to ensure their goods and services consistently meet the customer’s requirements.
- ISO 45001- Occupational Health and Safety Management System. This standard ensures safe operations for your company.
- ISO 14001- Environmental Management System. It assures management employees and stakeholders that the Environmental impact of the company is being measured and improved.
- ISO 22000- Food Safety Management System. It ensures that the food we eat is safe. It focuses on the highest level of food safety throughout the entire life cycle of food.
- ISO 27001- Information Security Management System. It helps organizations to manage information that is considered sensitive and of significant value to a business.
- ISO 13485- Medical Devices. It’s designed to be used by organizations involved in the design, production, installation, and servicing of medical devices and related services.
Why ISO Certificate is important?
- If a Company has ISO certified then the company has a name in the international market.
- ISO Provide some benchmark and guidelines for the organization to those who are certified by ISO.
- The Progress of the product can be easily measured as well as we can easily provide the report to top-level management.
Benefits of ISO Certification
- Saving time and Money
- Improving system and process efficiency
- Increasing customer Satisfaction
- Being more competitive
- Getting more value out of all resources
- Boosting your credibility
- Improving environment health
- Improving employee health and satisfaction.
Important Term under ISO Certification:International Accreditation Forum (IAF) “Certified Once-accepted everywhere”-
ensures that the organizations are confident in the work they undertake and are not in conflict of interest.Multilateral Recognition Arrangement (MLA)-
Eliminating the need for companies to be certified in each country where they sell their products and services. Accreditation Bodies (AB)-
AB is recognized by the IAF and Signatory of MLA. They ensure that the Certification bodies (CB) are following ISO standards. There are around 120 Accreditation Bodies (AB) worldwide.Certification Bodies (CB)-
Certification bodies are accrued by the Accreditation body to perform Audits and issue certificates confirming the qualifying companies.