FOSCOS FSSAI Registration Process
FSSAI Full Form
This came into force in 2006 and works under the Food safety and standard act 2006. It is the authority that checks food Safety, production process, and storage of products of the organization which does food business. They ensure that these organizations follow the rules and standards mentioned in the act.
FSSAI will provide a food license to operate your business. It is a 14- digit license number for food business operators who are registered under the act. They must print this number along with its logo on the backside of the product.
Features of FSSAI Registration
- Every food-related query or any matter points out FSSAI.
- It holds every multiple food organization under one command.
- It helps the customers to believe in the products they consume.
- Appropriate and quick responses to any strategic issues related to food.
- It states certain terms, regulations, and rules to be followed for maintaining the quality and safety of food.
What is FOSCOS ?
FOSCOS:- Food Safety Compliance System.
- It is an online registration system of FSSAI which was introduced on 1st June 2020 replacing the FLRS online Registration system.
- It has been introduced in Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Goa, Gujarat, Odisha, Delhi, Manipur, Chandigarh, and Ladakh.
- If you want to get registered or obtain a license you can log in to the portal and do the registration process.
Why FOSCOS Registraion in important?
- It is built to experience an Integrated version of the application, and manage high user traffic.
- The process has been made smooth and easier for the user.
- It is designed in such a way that it can easily adapt to any future technologies and processes.
- It has been simplified compared to the old system process.
How many types of FSSAI Registration?
Useful for those whose turnover is up to ₹ 12 lakhs
For whom the turnover is more than ₹12 lakhs up to ₹ 20 crores
For whom the turnover is more than ₹ 20 crore
Also for export and import companies and government department services.
What are the Documents Required For Registration of FSSAI?
- Pan card.
- GST certificate ( if applicable )
- Address proof of the place where the business operates.
Documents for Renewal/Modification of License
- Any adjustments to reports or data provided for the operation of a previous food permit.
- Declaration of Food Safety Management System is being adopted
- Medical fitness certificate of all the employees engaged in the firm
- All details of technical personnel in charge of the operation
Documents Required for Renewal of Registration/License
- Any adjustments to reports or data provided during the award of the previous Registration
What is the Process of FSSAI Registration in India?
- First, you should go to the official web page of FSSAI to sign up through contact number, name, email address, login id, and password. If already registered in FLRS, you can use the same details to log in.
- An OTP will be sent to your contact number and email address. Enter that and click submit. Now you can use the username password to log in.
- After that, you click on apply for a Registration certificate ( petty food business operators). Enter your contact details, generate OTP, and validate. Then select the application for a new registration certificate.
- For the certificate fill-up the form B, select head office as per KoB, and select the type of business application as per the type of food business you need to start. After completing the form, click on submit option.
- The license obtained will be valid for 5 years.
- For the renewal of an existing license, you must submit a request for renewing in the renewal tab. The renewal of the certificate must be filed between 30 days to 120 days from the date of expiry.
Fssai registration fees in India?
Fees charged for Fssai Registration of certificate is ₹ 100 every year, for modification in Fassai license and Registration it is ₹ 1000 for license and ₹ 100 for Registration and for renewal of license and certificate is same as a new Registration for the certificate
How long does it take to get FSSAI registration in India?
The time required to issue FSSAI basic certificate is 7 to 10 days, for state and central licenses the time period will be 30 days. This was the procedure for obtaining a certificate or license from FSSAI.
What is the benefit of fssai Registration Certificate in India?
- Registering comes with some legal benefits such as earning the confidence of customers, goodwill, the safety of food, and even helps in the expansion of business.
- It also helps the business in both production activity and the sale process.
- It is also easy for fundraising as it gains the trust of investors.
- The number and logo printed on the product indicate that the food is consumable and that there will be no harmful effects on consumers.