Fssai state license Fess, Eligibility, Document, and Procedure
Every food organization whose turnover is more than small businesses but less than big food organizations should obtain a state Food Safety Standard Authority of India (FSSAI) license through online or offline mode. It is compulsory for food business operators in order to protect against any kind of disadvantage.
This content includes,
- Meaning of state FSSAI license.
- Eligibility criteria for state FSSAI license.
- Documents required for registration of state FSSAI license.
- The registration process for obtaining a state FSSAI license.
- Doubts regarding post-registration.
What are the Benefits of having a Fssai state license for your food business
FSSAI – Food Safety Standard Authority of India.
What is a Fssai state license ?
Food businesses having a turnover of more than 12 lakhs but less than 20 crores are eligible for obtaining an FSSAI state license.
Food businesses such as small to medium-sized manufacturers, transport services, retailers, restaurant owners, etc can get fssai state licenses.
FSSAI license is mandatory for all food business operators in India. They monitor every process in your company, from manufacturing, processing, packaging, quality control, and transportation.
Who are eligible for a Fssai state license ?
- Food businesses whose turnover is more than 12 lakhs but less than 20 crores and operating in a single state can have an FSSAI license.
- Proprietary food company.
- Vegetable oil processing unit.
- Hotels have 4 stars rating or less.
- The dairy production unit has a capacity of production from 500 to 50000 liters.
- Storages have a capacity of less than 50000 metric tons annually.
- Slaughtering units have a capacity of more than 2 up to 50 large animals or more than 10 up to 150 small animals or more than 50 up to 1000 poultry birds per day.
- Food processing and packaging units are not less than 100 kg or liters up to 2 metric tons per day.
- Any food business that wants a Fssai state license must come under this list of eligibility criteria.
Documents Required for FSSAI State license.
- FORM – B duly filled and signed by the applicant.
- Details about business premises.
- Contact details of directors.
- Details about the list of types of equipment.
- Identity proof and address proof of proprietor which is issued by the government of India.
- Types of food manufactured.
- Authority letter.
- Partnership deed.
- NOC and copy of the license from manufacturers.
- Food safety management system plan of the company
So these are the documents required for obtaining a state FSSAI license.
What is the Procedure for FSSAI State license registration
The procedure to obtain a state FSSAI license is similar to basic FSSAI registration. Let&rsquo's see what the steps and changes are,
- The first step is to fill up application FORM-2 ( for state and central FSSAI license) online or physically through the FOSCO portal or to the food and safety department respectively.
- Then prepare the necessary documents to attach to the application form and submit the same.
- Your application gets either accepted or rejected within 7 days of submission of the application form.
- If the application gets accepted, the food and safety department will do on-site verification of your company before issuing the certificate.
- After verifying your documents and your organization you will receive a state FSSAI license certificate with the registration number and photo of the applicant's email address.
- You can even download your certificate from the FOSCOS portal.
- In order to track your application process, you can go to the FOSCO portal type reference number given at the time of application submission, and there you can check your status.
So these were the steps to be followed for obtaining an FSSAI state license.
State FSSAI License Fee Payment?
The fees charged for issuing a state FSSAI license certificate are between 2500 to 5000 depending upon the type of business.
For how many years the state FSSAI license is valid and can it be renewed?
The state FSSAI license issued is valid for 1 year or 5 years and yes state FSSAI license can be renewed and it must be done 30 days before the expiry of the certificate.
Benefits of having a state FSSAI license for your food business.
Obtaining a state FSSAI license comes with many benefits such as,
- It helps to build more customers by printing the logo and the number behind the product.
- FSSAI license helps your business to stand out in the market as they have proof that their products are safe.
- FSSAI authority monitors and guides your organization in order to maintain the hygiene and safety of the products.
- Having an FSSAI license will avail you of legal benefits such as penalties.
- FSSAI State license is for small to medium-sized businesses so it helps them gain more goodwill.
These are the benefits of having a state FSSAI license.