Basic FSSAI Registration
Food is the main source of every living person. The food we consume should be safe, hygienic, and economical. To certify that this food product is safe and the organization has taken proper measures, we have the Food Safety Standard Authority of India (FSSAI).
In this context let’s learn the meaning of FSSAI, and its license, types of FSSAI registration or license, how to do FSSAI Basic Registration in Delhi for your company, Doubts regarding the topic, and the benefits of having FSSAI registration or license certificate to your organization.
What is FSSAI Registration?
FSSAI – Food Safety Standard Authority of India.
It is an authority established for governing the food business of India. It was established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, of 2006. It guides the food business from manufacturing products to make sure the products are checked and also make sure that the products are safely delivered.
In order to do business related to the food supply, you must obtain an FSSAI license or registration.
What is an FSSAI License?
FSSAI license consists of 14 – digit license or registration number which should be printed on the backside of the product along with the FSSAI logo. This registration number ensures that the food business is responsible for providing good quality products to consumers.
How many types of FSSAI licenses or registration?
FSSAI license is divided into three categories such as,
- Basic License
- State license
- Central license
fssai basic license registration
Food business operators who are having a turnover of fewer than 12 lakhs per annum can apply for basic registration or license of FSSAI.
They have to file FORM-1.
Food business operators having a turnover of more than 12 lakhs but less than 20 crores per annum should apply for the state license of FSSAI.
They must file FORM-2.
For obtaining a central license, the food business operators who have a turnover of more than 20 crores per annum can get their license from FSSAI. They must file FORM-2 for a central license.
So these are the type of registration you should have for your organization.
Eligibility criteria for fssai basic registration.
FSSAI registration is a basic license applicable for small-scale food businesses such as,
- Any food business operator has a turnover of fewer than 12 lakhs per annum.
- Small retail food shops.
- Small one-person food manufacturers.
- Temporary stall vendor.
- The dairy company distributes up to 500 liters per day.
- Food products ( other than milk and meat ) up to 100 kgs per day.
- Meat shops slaughter 2 large animals or 50 small animals or 50 poultry birds.
How to get a basic FSSAI license?
Getting an FSSAI license for your organization is simple and can be done either online or manually. Select the type of mode you want to get registered. It is advisable that online is a much better method than offline as it is quick, jiffy, and easy.
So follow the steps mentioned below to know the registration process.
- You should apply for an FSSAI license by filling out and submitting FORM-1 (basic registration) through the FOSCOS portal.
- You must attach all the required documents along with filling and submitting your application FORM – 1 online or physically.
- The department of food authority will evaluate the documents provided and may also visit your organization for inspection if necessary.
- After that, you will be notified whether your application is accepted or not. If the application is rejected you will be notified in writing.
- If your application is accepted and satisfied by the department, they will issue you a basic FSSAI license certificate along with 14 – digit number, and also you can download the certificate from the FOSCOS portal.
This was the procedure to obtain a basic FSSAI license.
What are the Documents required for basic FSSAI registration?
- Identity proof of food business operators.
- Incorporation certificate or partnership deed.
- Address proof such as a copy of the property if owned or NOC from a landlord if renting.
- Food safety management system plan.
- List of products manufactured or processed.
- Bank details.
- Other documents include NOC by a municipality or Health NOC or copy of the license from the manufacturer etc.
- It is said that having proof of what your business is doing is always beneficial and advisable.
- It helps to ensure that the food products supplied to the customers are not harmful and if the supplied products are harmed to the customers, they can file complaints against the food organizations.
- It also helps to gain goodwill for the business which is a significant legal benefit.
- It also governs and monitors food operations from the start to the end of the business.
- Registration helps you to attract more investors to your organization.
These are the documents required for all types of registration or license.