Trademark renewal in Delhi
For every organization, there must be a graphical representation of any kind in order to recognize that is your company’s brand. That graphical representation is called a trademark. It should be registered in order to safeguard your logo from others. It is valid for 10 years and it can be renewed and restored.
The topic includes,
- Introduction about trademark Renewal .
- The renewal process of the trademark
- Benefits of renewing your trademark.
Trademark can be said as a brand name or symbol which represents its organization. These symbols or logos should be registered to protect them from any infringement.
Trademarks Renewal can be registered with the trademark registry office under the trademark act 1999. These offices have been located in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, and Chennai.
Trademarks can be registered online or offline modes. Once you have registered your trademark, it is valid for 10 years and every 10 years you can renew your trademark.
A period of 6 months is given before the expiry of the trademark certificate to renew. If you fail to do so, your trademark will be removed from the trademark journal by giving an advertisement.
If you fail to renew your trademark, no problem you can restore your trademark by fulfilling certain requirements
Online trademark Renewal Process in India
While renewing your trademark you have a choice of doing some alterations or changes in your trademark or you can renew it as it is. It is not mandatory that the owner of the business should file for renewal even if any authorized person on behalf of the organization can do the process, let’s see how it can be done.
- For any kind of registration or renewal, the first step is always filing an application form. In order to your Trademark, one must file form TR – R either online or offline.
- Gather all the necessary documents required to attach along with your application form such as,
- Registration certificate copy.
- Trademark registration application form copy (TM – A).
- Applicant's identity and address proof.
- If the renewal process is performed by any authorized person then he should submit power of attorney.
These are the documents you should obtain and submit with the application form.
- After submitting your application form, the registrar will verify your application and publish your trademark in the official gazette of the trademark journal too if or if not any opposition arises.
- If the proposed name does not receive any objection, the registrar will issue your renewed certificate which is valid for the next ten years.
- The fees for the renewal process depends on which model you're using for the process, if
- Your renewing through offline mode the fees is Rs.10000.
- You renew through online mode, then the fees are Rs.9000.
So this was about the process of the trademark.
Benefits of Your Trademark Regularly
- Renewing your trademark comes with the advantage of not letting other businesses use your brand name or logo as it is legally bound and those people are answerable to the court.
- As the trademark is valid for 10 years and renewing it every 10 years will help you to retain and increase more customers' confidence in your organization and makes customers easily identify your brand.
- Trademark is an intangible asset, and having registered your brand name provides you a chance of entering into new agreements and thus helps in the expansion of business.
- Registering and regularly renewing your trademark, helps you to protect it from others who want that possession.
- It also helps in the improvement of goodwill which interests investors, and shareholders to invest in your company.
- You can also avail some of the monetary benefits by just registering and renewing your trademark.