IEC Registration (Importer Exporter Code)
The Importer -Exporter Code (IEC) is a key business identification number which is mandatory for Exports or Imports. No person shall make any import or export except under an IEC Number granted by the DGFT. In case of import or export of services or technology, the IEC shall be required only when the service or technology provider is taking benefits under the Foreign Trade Policy or is dealing with specified services or technologies
The nature of the firm obtaining an IEC may be any of the follows- "Proprietorship, Partnership, LLP, Limited Company, Trust, HUF and Society." Consequent upon introduction of GST, IEC number is the same as the PAN of the firm. The IEC would be separately issued by DGFT.
IEC Registration process
1.Visit the DGFT website and proceed with registration process.
2. Enter the Registration Details.
3. Enter the OTPs received on email and mobile number.
4. Upon Successful validation of the OTP, you shall receive a notification containing the temporary password which you need to change upon first login.
5. fill in all the necessary details (personal and business-related)
6.After filling in the details, Submit and Get final OTP
7.Once all your information is verified by the Government, you will receive an e-registration Certificate
Document Required For IEC Registration
• PAN Card of the Proprietor/Company/LLP
• Certificate of Incorporation, if having
• PAN Card of all the Proprietor/Directors
• Aadhar Card of the Proprietor/Directors
• Latest Utility Bill i.e. Electricity
• Ownership Proof i.e. Property Tax, Sales deed etc.
• If rented place then Rent Agreement or NOC in the name of the Proprietor /Company/LLP
• Cancelled Cheque or bank Statement in the name of the Proprietor /Company/LLP.Note: For validation of application Aadhar card OTP is required to submit IEC application.