ONE PERSON PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY
The concept of One Person Private Limited Company or OPC was brought in the year 2013 with the introduction of the Companies Act, 2013 repealing the old Companies Act 1956. Earlier there was no such concept. . Section 2(62) of the Companies Act, 2013 defines the One Person Private Limited Company as follows
One Person Private Limited Company means a company that has only one person as a member;
The introduction of One Person Private Limited Company or OPC was revolutionary and it opened new opportunities for small business owners, now they can enjoy the blanket of a company for their business. A one-person Private Limited company or OPC is a sub-category of a private limited company. The private company needs a minimum of 2 persons as members or subscribers for incorporation whereas an OPC can be incorporated with only 1 member. The OPC is owned and managed by a single person. The Sole member can also be the director of the Company. Only an individual person can become the sole member of the OPC, unlike a private or public company in which Companies or LLPs can also become a member
Advantages of One Person Private Limited Company
The One Person Private Limited or OPC comes with all the benefits of a private limited company with the added advantage that only one member can register an OPC with this benefit one can enjoy better control and management of the company. A One Person Private Limited or OPC has the following benefits:
- The Small business gets the Corporate Identification to increase the goodwill of the business.
- There are various relaxations provided by the companies act 2013 and fewer legal complexities.
- Nominee shall become a member of the company within 180 days of two events
- On the death of the member
- If the member loses his capacity
- One Person Company can be formed by only one member
- there can be a minimum of one director which can be extended up to 15 directors
One Person Private Limited Company (OPC) Registration Process
One Person Company can be formed with only one person as a member and the directors. The process of registration of a One Person Private Limited Company is very simple and completely online. The person desiring to register his company can get his company registered through the Ministry of Corporate Affairs portal. That is www.mca.gov.in. A company is needed to be registered with the registrar of companies or ROC. ROC keeps all the records regarding all the companies in India.
How to register online One Person Private Limited Company?
There are certain requirements for Registering a company. These are:
- Digital signatures or DSC of all the subscribers and DIN of the person desiring to be the directors of the company. All the forms which are filed on the mca portal require Digital signatures of the signatories
- After getting the DSC the form Spice+ is filled on the portal with the required documents as attachments.
Documents Required for Registering a One Person Private Limited Company or OPC Company
- Aadhar Card of the Directors/ Subscriber
- Pan Card of the Directors/ Subscriber
- DL/Voter ID/ passport, anyone document of the Directors/ Subscriber
- Bank statement/ Electricity Bill of the Directors/ Subscriber
- Aadhar Card of the Nominee
- Pan Card of the Nominee
- DL/Voter ID/ passport, anyone document of the Nominee
- Bank statement/ Electricity Bill of the Nominee
- Latest utility bill for proof of Company address
- For rented place Rent agreement is required
Registering a company is a simple process but it requires professional guidance. We at Companify help you to take a step forward in owning your company by providing you with a hassle-free process of company registration. Our team of experts will guide you at each step so that you can make the right decision as per your need. We have different company registration packages as per your requirements.