PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY REGISTRATION
The Companies Act 2013 categorizes companies as public limited companies and private limited companies. According to the provisions of section 2(71), a public company is a company that is not a private company. If we see the definition of a public company it is clear that a public company does not have the restrictions of a private company in its articles, which means a public company:
- Can transfer its shares freely
- Have a minimum of 7 members and no limit for the maximum number of members
- Can raise funds from the general public.
A public company has to put the words “limited” in its name.
The Advantages of Public Limited Company Registration in Sikkim
A company form of business has many benefits over a sole proprietorship or partnership form of business. We already know a company form of business provides
More opportunities to grow and diversify but most business owners go for a private limited company as it gives more freedom to operate a business. A private company has to comply with fewer regulations as compared to a public company but incorporating a public company has its own benefits.
A public company does not have the following restriction, prohibitions, or limitations:
- A shareholder in a Public company can freely transfer his shares in the company
- A public limited company can issue its shares to the general public.
- The Public limited company Registration has no limit on the maximum number of members
- A public limited company Registration has more opportunities to raise funds as the investors have more confidence in the public company.
- As a Public limited company Registration Is always in the sight of regulators there are fewer chances of fraud in the company and more scope for investor protection hence better the image of the company and public trust.
- A Public company raises money from the public by listing itself on the stock exchanges. It provides exit opportunities to investors. Hence greater liquidity
Public Limited Company Registration in Sikkim Process
A public limited company can be formed with a minimum of 7 members and a minimum of 3 directors in the company. The person desiring to register his company can get his company registered through the Ministry of Corporate Affairs portal. That is www.mca.gov.in. A company is needed to be registered with the registrar of companies or ROC. ROC keeps all the records regarding all the companies in India.
How to register Online Public limited company Registration?
There are certain requirements for company registration
- Digital signatures or DSC of all the subscribers and DIN of the person desiring to be the director of the company. All the forms which are filed on the MCA portal require the Digital signatures of the signatories
- After getting the DSC the form Spice+ is filled on the portal with the required documents as attachments.
Documents required for Public limited company registration
- Aadhar Card of all the Directors/ Subscriber
- Pan Card of all the Directors/ Subscriber
- DL/Voter ID/ passport, anyone document of all the Directors/ Subscriber
- Bank statement/ Electricity Bill of all the Directors/ Subscriber
- Latest utility bill for proof of Company address
- For rented place Rent agreement is required
Registering a company is a simple process but it requires professional guidance. We at Companify help you to take a step forward in owning your company by providing you with a hassle-free process of company registration. Our team of experts will guide you at each step so that you can make the right decision as per your need. We have different company registration packages as per your requirements.